A few days back Porsche invited selected publications to drive the new Porsche 911. The new car has been spotted numerous times in the past but no one exactly knew what would go under the classic coupe style body work.
Dimensions of the car
New Porsche 911 is a full 2.2 inches longer and the wheelbase has also been increased by 4 inches. This comes as Porsche plans to add a hybrid to its line-up in the next few years.
The 911 Carrera will get the same
- 350 bhp 3.4 litre flat six engine from the Boxter S
- More expensive Carrera S gets a 3.8 litre version of the direct injection flat-six engine with 400 horsepower on tap
- Seven-speed gearbox is what transfers the power to the wheels, gearbox has been designed by ZF, the same transmissions giant who also supplies BMW. A seven-speed PDK dual clutch transmission is also on offer with launch control standard on both manual as well as PDK
Now, the new Porsche 911 is
- Lighter than the present model which makes much faster when it comes to the 0-100 kph dash
- Porsche claims the car could reach 100 kph in 4.5 secs (Carrera S) with a top speed of, near as makes no difference, 300 kph
- New 911 does less harm to the environment per kilometer and burns less fossil fuels compared to the older versions
- Electronic parking brake
- 19 inch rims on the Carrera
- 20 inch on the Carrera S which are optional on the former