Mahindra & Mahindra has launched a double cab version of its Genio pick-up truck. According to the company, the vehicle has been developed to cater the needs of the small and medium entrepreneurs and businessmen. The Genio DC as it is called offers better comfort and a more pleasant interior than the standard Genio. The base variant of the Genio DC is priced at Rs 5.46 lakh ex-showroom Karanataka.
The Genio DC will be among the very few commercial vehicles that offer luxurious interiors as well as modern safety features which until now were only seen on cars. The Genio DC will be manufactured at Mahindra’s Chakan plant near Pune and Mahindra assures a class leading build, fit and finish quality
- New pick-up gets fabric seats
- Air conditioning
- Power windows
- 2-Din music system
- Central locking
- Keyless entry as standard fitment on the VX variant
- Also the VX variant has got ‘follow me home light’ and electric head lamp leveling device
- 75 bhp, mDI CRDe 4 cylinder diesel engine with 220 Nm of torque
- Top speed of 120 kph
- Steering is adjustable to provide the most comfortable driving position
- 4+1 seating configuration is luxurious
- Genio DC VX offers features that give the passengers a feel of an MPV or an SUV
The ride quality has also been improved to make the ride enjoyable for the occupants. The base variant on the other hand does not get features like key less entry and the ‘follow me home lights’. Both variants get a cargo bay 1500 mm long, 1600 mm wide and 500 mm deep. This makes the Genio DC ideal for outdoors. The vehicle can occupy five in comfort and the loading bay would swallow the weekend luggage with space to spare.