By John Hopkins
SHANNONVILLE, ON -- Aubrey Bailey of Parry Sound, ON will start from pole position in this weekend's second and third rounds of the Inside Motorcycles Amateur Sport Bike National Championship at Shannonville Motorsport Park.
Bailey turned a lap of 1:07.793 on his H.T. Motorsports / ProStar Motorsports / Rip Racing Honda CBR600RR, over half a second clear of the rest of the class.
Thornton, ON's Amzy Nawaz was second quickest at 1:08.365 on his Kawasaki ZX-6R and Samuel Proulx of Magog, QC placed third at 1:08.549 riding the Sherbrooke Harley-Davidson Suzuki GSX-R600.
This is Bailey's first appearance of the 2011 national season although he has been racking up the wins in regional action. He currently leads four classes in the southwestern Ontario-based SOAR series.
"Everything went great," said Bailey of his qualifying effort on Friday. "We had a pretty good set-up to start the weekend and I don't think we're going to make any changes for the races."
Proulx took the win at the season opener at Circuit ICAR in Mirabel, Que.
The front row for this weekend's pair of races is completed by Kristopher Garvie of Caledon, ON, who turned a lap of 1:08.568 on the Garvie Racing / Canadian Kawasaki Motors-backed Kawasaki ZX-6R. Garvie was the ICAR polesitter.
Brampton, ON's Trevor Daley will start from pole position in the two K&N Performance Filters Amateur Superbike National Championship rounds at Shannonville Motorsport Park this weekend. Daley recorded a lap of 1:07.547 in Friday's qualifying session aboard the Trevor Daley Concepts Ducati 749.
"At ICAR we had a few issues with both the motor and the chassis, so we've spent the time between races resolving those," Daley said. "We're going to try a couple of things in the warm-up to try and make the bike easier on tires; I think tire wear is going to come into play in the race.
"I enjoy the track. I've only raced here once before but it's quick and flowing."
Bailey was second quickest with a 1:08.016 and Garvie qualified third at 1:08.267. Jody Greening of Burlington, ON completes the front row with a time of 1:08.558 on his BFE / ProStar / Sturgess Cycle Honda CBR600RR and opening round winner Alex Coelho of Longueuil, QC will start sixth on the Black Sheep Motorsports Kawasaki ZX-6R.
Amateur Sport Bike Qualifying Results
1.Aubrey Bailey, Parry Sound, ON 1:07.8 Honda CBR600RR
2.Amzy Nawaz, Thornton, ON 1:08.4 Kawasaki ZX-6R
3.Samuel Proulx, Magog, QC 1:08.5 Suzuki GSX-R600
4.Kristopher Garvie, Caledon, ON 1:08.6 Kawasaki ZX-6R
5.Jody Greening, Burlington, ON 1:08.6 Honda CBR600RR
6.Philippe Masse, St-Hyacinthe, QC 1:08.6 Kawasaki ZX-6R
7.Alex Coelho, Longueuil, QC 1:09.2 Kawasaki ZX-6R
8.Luke Bauer, Breslau, ON 1:09.6 Yamaha YZF-R6
9.Edward Rudkowski, Toronto, ON 1:09.7 Suzuki GSX-R600
10.Jean Francois Aubin, St Jerome, QC 1:09.7 Suzuki GSX-R600
11.Dominic Dupont, Laval, QC 1:09.7 Kawasaki ZX-6R
12.Riley Gage Dawe, Toronto, ON 1:10.0 Yamaha YZF-R6
13.Natalie C Provost, Laval, QC 1:10.4 Honda CBR600RR
14.Raymond Gauthier, Ottawa, ON 1:10.8 Suzuki GSX-R600
15.Reiner Griese, Marmora, ON 1:11.4 Triumph 675
16.Rob Cousineau, Aurora, ON 1:11.6 Suzuki GSX-R600
17.Pierre Patenaude, Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC 1:12.2 Suzuki GSX-R600
18.Francois-Michel Belval-Lacoste, Candiac, QC 1:12.5 Suzuki GSX-R600
19.David Tremblay, Longueuil, QC 1:12.5 Suzuki GSX-R600
20.Eric Gagnon, St Jerome, QC 1:12.6 Suzuki GSX-R600
21.Samantha Goyer, Ottawa, ON 1:12.9 Yamaha YZF-R6
22.Luc Labranche, Mirabel, QC 1:12.9 Kawasaki ZX-6R
23.Etienne Deblois, Longueuil, QC 1:12.9 Kawasaki ZX-6R
24.Jordan Cardozo, Bradford, ON 1:13.4 Suzuki GSX-R600
25.Joe Rodrigues, Weston, ON 1:13.8 12 Suzuki GSX-R600
26.Stavros Grekos, Toronto, ON 1:14.1 Kawasaki ZX-6R
27.Chris Dopke, Cambridge, ON 1:14.4 Honda CBR600RR
28.Jon Waggoner, Ann Arbour, MI 1:23.4 Honda CBR600RR
Amateur Superbike Qualifying Results
1. Trevor Daley Brampton, ON 1:07.547 Ducati 749
2. Aubrey Bailey Parry Sound, ON 1:08.016 Honda CBR600RR
3. Kristopher Garvie Caledon, ON 1:08.267 Kawasaki ZX-6R
4. Jody Greening Burlington, ON 1:08.558 Honda CBR600RR
5. Alain Lefebvre Rouyn-Noranda, QC 1:09.069 Suzuki GSX-R600
6. Alex Coelho Longueuil, QC 1:09.236 Kawasaki ZX-6R
7. Stephan Houle Gatineau, QC 1:09.324 Suzuki GSX-R1000
8. Amzy Nawaz Thornton, ON 1:09.517 Kawasaki ZX-6R
9. Jean Francois Aubin St Jerome, QC 1:09.588 Suzuki GSX-R600
10. Riley Gage Dawe Toronto, ON 1:09.880 Yamaha YZF-R6
11. Edward Rudkowski Toronto, ON 1:09.964 Suzuki GSX-R600
12. Philippe Masse St-Hyacinthe, QC 1:09.995 Kawasaki ZX-6R
13. Tim Robinson Gatineau, QC 1:10.011 Honda CBR1000RR
14. Luke Bauer Breslau, ON 1:10.305 Yamaha YZF-R6
15. Natalie C Provost Laval, QC 1:10.397 Honda CBR600RR
16. Reiner Griese Marmora, ON 1:11.835 Triumph 675
17. Etienne Deblois Longueil, QC 1:12.265 Kawasaki ZX-6R
18. Eric Gagnon St Jerome, QC 1:13.134 Suzuki GSX-R600
19. Joe Rodrigues Weston, ON No Time Suzuki GSX-R600
20. Stephane Couturier Laval, QC No Time Ducati 1098R
Saturday, July 2, 2011
Bailey and Daley top Shannonville qualifying
By John Hopkins