- New Jetta is considerably larger than its predecessor and sports Volkswagen’s latest styling cues
- Font of the car resembles that of the VW Golf hatchback
- Car is now based on a standalone platform and also shares the same platform with the Volkswagen Golf
The German car maker also announced during the cars unveiling that the car does not share any of its body panels with the Golf and are thus unique to the 2011 VW Jetta.
- New VW Jetta in India is expected to get a 1.8 TSI and a 2.0 TDI engine
- 2.0 TDI with 140 bhp on tap. VW might also bring in the 1.8 TSI but even if they launch this, it won’t be a hot seller as the diesel variant
- Volkswagen could offer the choice of a manual as well as a six-speed DSG gearbox
- VW’s BlueMotion could also be offered on the Jetta except for some features which would be unique to the new Passat
- Low rolling resistance tires and the DSG slush box could make the list
- New VW Jetta has a increased legroom thanks to a longer wheelbase
- New Jetta has a wheelbase 7 cm longer than the previous model
- Overall length of the car too is longer than its predecessor by 9 cm
- Bgger proportions of the car thus liberate space inside which is important as this car will be pitted against the Toyota Corolla Altis and the Honda Civic
- Interior styling too like the exterior is reminiscent of the Volkswagen Golf but is still unique in its own way. Of course, being a Volkswagen, built quality will be top notch with high quality materials
Price of the 2.0 TDI is expected to be around the current models pricing with the variant top-of-the-line with DSG the more expensive of the lot.